Email ad networks are services that connect publishers and advertisers to launch email ads. While an email ad server is the tool that actually runs and tracks those ads, the ad network is the platform that facilitates the partnerships between parties.
What are the benefits of email ad networks?
The biggest benefits of email ad networks are:
- Scale. They open publishers to wider pools of ad partners, and vice versa.
- Automation. Ad networks take the manual work out of email monetization, using real-time data to optimize campaigns and ad inventory.
- Curation. Ad networks commonly vet publishers and advertisers to build the most effective, legitimate, and safe partnerships for each party.
- Targeting. Ad networks use data and algorithms to deliver relevant, personalized ads to engaged, targeted audiences.
What services do email ad networks provide?
Full-service email ad networks should be equipped to:
- Create, manage, and analyze email advertising campaigns
- Buy and sell ads directly or programmatically through a bidding process
- Deliver ads to target audiences based on interests and behaviors
- Report performance metrics, such as impressions, clicks, and conversions
- Gather real-time insights for campaign optimization