An email ad server is a tool that publishers and advertisers can use to manage, run, and track email advertising campaigns.
Why are email ad servers important?
The use of email ad servers can simplify and improve the procedures involved in buying and selling email ads. Publishers, for instance, can leverage email ad servers to market their ad inventory to relevant brands.
Brands might buy these ads directly or bid on programmatic placements at scale. The ad server will then use data and algorithms to distribute personalized ads to the right target audience in the right place at the right time.
Ultimately, an email ad server can help publishers more effectively monetize and drive revenue from their email newsletters.
What can an email ad server do?
A fully equipped email ad server should be able to:
- Run, manage, track, and optimize campaigns
- Target audiences based on interests, behaviors, and demographics
- Support various ad formats, such as display, text, and native ads
- Integrate with other ad platforms like Google Ad Manager
- Backfill campaigns for 100% monetization
- Track metrics like impressions, clicks, and conversions
- Gather insights for future campaign optimization