In this edition of “Jeengster Spotlight”, we’re excited to introduce our VP Marketing, Renee Chemel!
Renee has been VP Marketing with Jeeng for that last 5.5 years. She is originally from Michigan, where she attended the University of Michigan (Go Blue!). She went on to get her Masters at Boston University before moving to Israel and starting her illustrious marketing career.
Let’s learn a bit more about Renee!
1. What do you love most about your role at Jeeng?
I love being creative – coming up with new campaign ideas and executing them.
2. What advice do you have for someone also interested in that type of position?
Learn as much as you can about all kinds of things, but find your passion and concentrate on it!
3. What are some tools you can’t live without?
- Marketing Automation – today, I’m using HubSpot
- Collaboration – it takes a team
- WhatsApp – it’s how I stay in touch
4. What are some of your hobbies?
Reading, watching super sappy TV shows, hanging with my kids, and swimming.
5. Favorite Jeeng event/memory/moment or favorite Jeeng swag
I haven’t created them yet – but I want to design a cool pair of Jeeng tennis shoes!
6. What’s one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
Take time to think it through!
7. What’s at the top of your bucket list?
To travel to Alaska, Hawaii, Japan, New Zealand – and the list goes on and on.
8. What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts. I just love them! I could eat them all day – toasted, untoasted – doesn’t matter. I have a box in my cupboard that I am saving until I know I can buy some more, the next time I’m States-side.
9. What’s a pet peeve of yours that no one knows about?
Not putting the toilet seat down.
10. What animal best describes you & why?
Polar Bear – kinda lazy and loves to swim!
11. What’s your favorite book & why?
Gone to Soldiers by Marge Piercy. I spent an entire week reading the book in whatever free time I could grab. I couldn’t put it down. It was just beautiful – a rare gem of how people’s live were interwoven throughout WWII.
12. Favorite place you’ve ever traveled to?
Cinque Terre, Italy. It’s remote, old, lovely – the nicest people I have ever met live there. They have the yummiest food I have ever eaten, and the most beautiful hikes along the towns with amazing views.
13. Superpower you’d choose & why?
To be in two places at once. I don’t want to miss a thing!
14. What’s the coolest thing about your job?
I get to hang out with really awesome people who inspire me to do my best.
There you have it! We hope you enjoyed learning more about the people who power this company and have helped get us to where we are today: the only personalized Push & Email Messaging Platform built exclusively for publishers.
If you’re interested in learning more about what we do, drop us a note.